Watch & Act
Laurent Pichaud, In Miniaturam, 2011 © Freddy Peretti
What can the body do towards images ? Does the body allow the expression of a thought overcoming one elaborated by the eye ?
Willing to interrogate the relation between watching and acting, and as an extension of the exhibition, LE BAL invites six artists (choreographers, dancers,performers) to create an innovative work whose starting point, image-document, is playing the role of generator. In the exhibition space, each of the six plays presented will highlight the body agency, opening a dialogue between two understandings’ systems of reality. Bodys crossed by history will become as well «the site» of repressed memories as the expression of historical unthoughts.
From visual arts to living arts, the goal will be to open the stage to dialogue, or even confrontation, leaving no other choice to the public than «taking a stance».
- Afshin Ghaffarian, iranian dancer and choregrapher
- Rabih Mroué, lebanese artist and stage director
- Dorothée Munyaneza, british and rwandanese actress, singer, dancer and choregrapher
- Laurent Pichaud, french dancer, performer and choregrapher
- Alexandre Roccoli, french choregrapher and actor
- YOURS, French collective
The cycle Watch and Act is coordinated by Christine Vidal, co-director of LE BAL, and Julie Héraut.